Friday, April 24, 2015

I am Socked out....am off to Knit Something else!!

Look what I found in the flowerbed, could not believe she was blooming before the Tulips, the Tulips flower buds are finally showing but they are so late this year. Every Tomato and pepper plant I just transplanted are doing great and are getting new leaves. We have the greenhouse all ready for me to move out the Geraniums and other plants I held over but the weather is either really warm or there is a chance of snow so will wait a bit longer but they need to be clipped back and repotted in new soil. I spent a day cleaning up all the old leaves that our winds blew onto the front deck and dumping the soil out of the three big pots I always have on the deck, now have to get them filled up again with new potting soil and ready to put the plants in them.RH has the garden area all tilled and now will wait until the weeds start growing again then will give it another till before we plant, I have the raised beds which are covered with straw from last year and just need to pull the straw back and dig the soil up a bit and they will be ready to plant. So it is getting closer!!
I had said I was going to stop knitting socks and knit something else after the headache I had with the last pair of socks....but then I had this ball all wound and ready to go so thought I would knit it up....well am having a terrible time....I am really socked out!! I have to knit something else for a while!
I have been trying to remember what pattern I used for a scarf I made a couple years ago to be auctioned off....I loved the the way that scarf knit up...and I just can not remember the stitch I used. I know it was an easy one and would love to knit some more, it only had one or two rows to it...this is going to drive me crazy looking for it!! I came a cross a pattern for a one row scarf thinking maybe that was the pattern but it isn't, but am going to knit it anyway. I knit a swatch in white yarn and it looks great so started with this multicoloured yarn I had left over from the toes of the headache socks...hmmm.....I think I like the swatch better....the one colour shows the stitches off better. So now have to make a decision....should I knit it in a solid colour or the multicolour??? Or should I knit one of each?? Did not get much knit up today as yesterday I was off to get my eyes checked to see if I needed new glasses and the Dr. put these yellow drops in my eyes which irritated them and I have a headache and hard to do much today...but the thing about those yellow drops in my eyes......when I left the office...I went shopping...and my eyes were watering...when I got back to the car...RH said you have yellow stuff running out of your eyes....I looked in the mirror...good grief!! Yes there was yellow stuff running out of my eyes and down my face and here I was walking around...and talking to people.....tomorrow is another day....

No comments: