Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Belated Happy New Year


Hope everyone had a great Christmas and wishing a great year "2008" to everyone. I am trying to get my self organized and back into a routine, think I will make it before the year is over?? I have been trying to clean up things that I did not finish in 2007.......not everything!!.....just the last of the of knitting orders, the articles I promised I would write after Christmas when I had "more time" for the book being put together by the fair committee "Going to the Fair" (my problem being for this is how to condense it down so I am not writing a book in its self)and finishing the sorting of llama and alpaca fibre to get to the mills. It should have already been there for the local mills exotic run.....have to gear myself up for "The Lecture" and "Nasty Looks" when I come in late. Now I have told myself that the articles have to sent before I go to bed tonight......no excuses!!...although.....no!..no excuses. I can not finish my knitting order until I get to the mill to get the color of wool she wants, so I have to put that on hold, so it will be finish the articles and get back to fibre sorting. I have to admit that three pairs of socks....one scarf...and a hat have been knit since Christmas.....does that sound like putting things off?? ...I am calling it winding down.......you can not stop knitting cold turkey you know....who knows what dire affects that would cause a person!!
I did get all the Christmas stuff put away although it seemed like I just got it out and I put it away, next year I better be prepared for a Christmas decoration strike and when we come to the table to bargain what I will be offering in compensation for my thoughtless actions in the Christmas 2007 season is for the 2008 Christmas season they can come out of their boxes right after Thanks-giving and stay out until after New Years but I will have to tack on a clause that I will not be responsible for the accumulation of dust on said party's or the random attack of the two feline members of this family when they find said party's sitting where they want to sit. Now I have to go get this document printed up and have it witnessed by the resident dog Maxx, he will be in from the barnyard in a bit and I am sure he would not object to leaving his paw print on the document as a witness to the agreement.
Now the problem with the tree and the resident cats that has existed for the last few years, because I did not need the stress of worrying that the cats were trashing the tree I did not put any decorations on the tree until Christmas eve, as I was putting decorations on the tree my thought was always....better put this up high so Sheba does not get it, so you know what happened.....all the decorations were at the top of the tree, then I found a box of ornaments made over the years that were made of felt or other funny little things that had not seen the light of day for years and I thought....I could put these on the bottom of the tree and the cats wouldn't know that it did not matter if they took them....O.k. that is what I did. I know....the tree did not look that great.....but I did not need the stress. When we got up Christmas morning there was a trail of ornaments that the cats did not know were for them all the way from the tree in the living room to the kitchen and those cats were sooo happy and so was I. But I think they will suspect something if I try the same thing again next year, so have to keep thinking of something new to keep them from the tree next year. Grey Kitty loves laying under the Christmas tree on the tree skirt in a sunbeam, am posting a picture of her doing just that......notice that the gifts under there were not a problem.....she just pushed them aside to make herself a spot.
Well I am off to finish writing my article and getting it sent......

No comments: