Monday, March 4, 2013

I finally got the Message...and frogged the Shawl !!

I have been knitting on the little blue shawl for I am sure three years!! The lace on it had been ripped back many times after I had to tuck it away to knit items someone ordered and then when brought back out I had forgotten where I was in the pattern so then rip back and start the lace again. Was not the right yarn for the pattern as the stitches would stick together and if I was not being very careful I would find I had knit two together...then it was take the row out again, when I took it out this time I was going to finish it no matter what and finally was putting a lifeline in occasionally so I did not have to rip it all out, it was going great and I was so careful,only had eight rows left to knit but had to sit it aside for a couple of days as RH had started moving my storage cabinets that had been in storage into my work area downstairs so I was helping it that sorted out. I had my knitting sitting on the dining room table so when I had a bit of time I could knit a row...well the other day I picked it up to knit.....could not believe my eyes.....there were stitches pulled in a few places on it...only thing I could think of was one of the cats had been on the table and got their claws caught up in the stitches...and although when asked no one is owning up to it! Well I have decided it was the last straw for the shawl. It was not meant to be! So here she is having a time out until I can decide what she is going to become. Am off to bed and will decide what to do tomorrow!!

No comments: