Saturday, May 2, 2015

I am Running in Circles.....Knitting...Spinning....Gardening.....

I decided to keep knitting with the multicoloured yarn for a few more rows and see if I liked it any better and actually I think it is going to be o.k. now to find the time to knit some more on it. I seem to be running in circles doing a bit of this and a bit of that and not getting anything finished.
This evening I spun some more of the alpaca/merino/silk I had carded up and am going to say this bobbin has enough on it and hopefully tomorrow I will get a start on another bobbin.If I could just find more time in my day for spinning!
The tulips are finally blooming! They are usually the first thing to bloom but for some reason they were later than a lot of the rockery plants which have started blooming a couple of weeks ago...but you have to forgive them for being late because they are so beautiful. And of course with the flowers starting to bloom there are all the pesky weeds coming up too. I have to make a list to try to get things done....first on the list.....dig out a pailful of weeds every morning......spin for a couple hours every evening.....and the list goes on... We can not use our well water for watering plants because of the high sodium so have three large tanks we catch rain water in plus we have a tank for the back of the truck that we can go get water from a well to fill our tanks when there is no rain...which as it has been so dry here the tanks are not filling. I had a birthday a few days ago and RH asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said I want to get a pump system going so we can have water pressure in hoses to water the gardens because I just can not water everything with a watering can again this year. So I went on the net and found the pump I wanted and found a store that had one for sale and off he went to get it!! So we have been working to get the pumping system working all week and what a treat to just go around with the hose and water everything! We are going to also put a system in so we can water all the raised beds down at the garden by just flipping the switch on the pump! The raised beds are almost ready to plant, just a few more to work up and the planting begins. My pepper and tomato plants under the lights are doing so well, have moved a few of the plants I kept over the winter out to the greenhouse with a small heater for night time just incase the temps drop. Will get them planted into planters just in time for the tomato plants to be planted in the greenhouse. I better get the tomatoes I froze from last year made into sauce before the new ones arrive. So between the outside work and trying to do some spinning and knitting I am running in circles. Add in some computer problems the last week I wonder if I am still sane. But tomorrow is a new day! A day with a water system! I am so thankful!!

No comments: