Thursday, January 26, 2017

Frosty Mornings and Back to Knitting.....

After having such cold snowy weather the winds came in and temps came up and a lot of our snow has disappeared, have been getting fog at night and this is what we wake up to in the morning....frosty sparkly trees!!. Now today we have clear sky and the temp is warmer. In the cold weather we could not open the back door...the locks were frozen...the door is on the north side of the house, one year I had all the doors freeze up and could not get out of the house...too scary! For some reason this year it is only the back door, now we need a storm door. RH searched around and found a storm door that was not mostly glass that would fit, brought it home but had to wait until warmer weather to install it. With the warmer weather we have it installed so hopefully when...(if) we get really cold weather the door will not freeze up. So we put the storm door in.....bought a small electric snow blower to remove the snow from the decks....got a block heater installed on the car.....now we are prepared... we will not get any more freezing weather this year.... Have not been knitting since before Christmas but finally brought my needles out and a skein of yarn my daughter gave me last Christmas, it is an Ancient Arts yarn 80% superwash merino/20% nylon....I call it my cat yarn, the color is taking from a cat picture and named Calico Cat. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this yarn are donated by Ancient Arts to charities benefiting stray and abandoned cats. Decided I would knit myself some socks! So here it is...interesting how the colors are knitting up.
Last post I wrote I had downloaded the Blogo app so I could post to my blog and it worked great....for one post....now I could not post through blogo because...an error 401 came up...whatever in the ***** that is!! I am sure the powers that be are trying to fry my brain!!! But....But...I went back to original blogger and played around and something must have changed as now I can post pictures in my blog...could not believe it!! almost fell off my chair! Have to have a chat with grandson and see what this error 401 is.....I did look into it and it looks like a common problem.....but when it said there was an app called error401 that I needed to download.....I thought...better check this out before downloading....just incase....

No comments: