Monday, January 30, 2017

Calico Cat Socks

Here is the process on my Calico Cat socks! A lot of things I should have done differently with these socks...like should have searched around and found my trusty sock pattern that I usually use, Even though I used the size needles this pattern asked for and actually knit a swatch they are a little wide in the foot...but only a little....I think when I wash and block them they will be o.k. I did change the size of the needles for the cuff of the sock as I wanted it tighter but should have used that size for the foot too.The yarn is an eight ply....eight ply! how can they spin such a fine strand? eight ply....do not think I like knitting with the eight ply...have found a couple of spots in my knitting where one strand on a stitch did not get picked up...but they are my socks so do not really care but if I was knitting them to sell I would have gone back and reknit the stitch. Crazy pattern of colors when knit up, could make a person dizzy when knitting but you could make mistakes and never notice it. So almost finished the other sock. Going to knit a few more pair of socks while I am on a sock roll but will dig out my regular pattern. But really what I should do is find some unfinished projects to finish up....right... The sun was shining yesterday and thought I would take my camera and take some pictures outside....but nothing and no one wanted their pictures taken....the llamas and alpacas were out in the field enjoying the nice weather munching here and there and would not even lift their heads up to look at me....they have been hiding out in the barns with the cold weather we had so were enjoying the warm sunny day.

No comments: