Monday, May 4, 2009

Snow is finally disappearing



Am I right to assume that winter is finally gone and we have spring?? O.K.....I am assuming...so am going to plant some seeds today...and put out mouse bait at the same time as last year we had a fight over whether they were my seeds or food for mice....this year I am determined that they are my seeds and they are going to grow!! My tulips were up about four inches before the last snow covered them...snow finally melted off the flower beds a few days ago....and the #%$#$%&*&^%$ mice had chewed some of them off. I will have to wait a bit to see what damage is done to the rest of my perennials, at this time I am trying to stay calm...and not say anymore bad words. I stopped in at a greenhouse yesterday but controlled myself and only bought a geranium....now I probably have at least twenty-five geranium's living in my house already....but I did not have this color....I have to confess to a plant stash too.
Have not accomplished much in the fibre area as I have been trying to get the downstairs sorted out and cleaned up as the ceiling is finished and everything moved out of the center of the room, did card up and spin a bit of the white alpaca I got back from the mill but not really happy about the wool I mixed it with, it did not turn out as soft as I imagined it would, because they just washed, picked the alpaca and put it through the dehairer it is also full of static so is hard to handle, have mixed fabric softener with water and have sprayed it on the batt after I card it but I think maybe I should spray the alpaca fibre first with the softener and let it dry before I card it and see if it makes a difference. I did get four pet beds made up with the fibre that was too coarse for spinning, just have to put the two buttons on the casing to cover them and they will be ready for the market stash. Our farmers markets start the middle of June so are coming fast!! Well off to plant some seeds!!

1 comment:

valli said...

just letting you know i killed the cousin of your mice yesterday ;) dirty little bugger was having a merry time in the house, well hes not anymore *hahahaha*