Thursday, April 16, 2015

Finishing the Headache Socks !!

The weather has been so nice the last two days I have been working in the yard. Love to see all my perennial rockery plants turning green and some starting to bloom.
Forget the name right now, will have to check it out. Washed and bleached the pots I want to plant my little seedlings into so they are ready, sat the bag of potting soil in the sun to warm it up but did not get the potting done today, hopefully tomorrow.
i am calling this pair of socks my headache socks...they are the pair I ran out of yarn on so ordered another ball and finished the toe on the one sock.........look at the toes.....the colouring in the yarn does not match!!!!!! It knit in stripes...they must have had a new dye lot. This was getting to be too much...have started hating these socks!! What to do...what to do.
Finally decided to rip the toe back on the other sock and knit a matching toe the sock I had finished with the original yarn, do you think someone will think it was a planned design feature??? At this point I could care less...think I am going to go back to knitting fingerless mitts again for a while. Tomorrow is another day......

No comments: