Friday, October 25, 2013

Llama and Alpaca Kids are Growing!!

I have to get out and get some new pictures of the kids before winter arrives. We have been so busy getting the yard and barnyard ready for winter. Have all my Gladiolas bulbs dug up and the Dahlia root, have to trim back the foliage and get them tucked away, could not believe how large the Glad bulbs were after the way they bloomed all summer, hoping they survive storage over the winter. Have the garden pool drained, using the water to soak some of the shrubs and have drained the water storage containers before it really freezes so are getting there. RH has been busy the last two days getting the metal siding up on the Llama and Alpaca girls barn, can not believe the weather has been so nice and we could get everything cleaned up around the yard. Also have the back yard landscaped and planted with grass seed, hoping it comes up nice and green in the spring. This time last year we had a lot of snow on the ground. Am also knitting like crazy for the two Christmas markets we have coming up shortly, had totally sold out of everything at the end of the summer markets so is going to be a race to get enough knit up and Alpaca fibre carded up for the market. could not stand the dirty windows in the house so spent a day washing windows....they look great but my wrist was not feeling too great...had a panic attack for a bit...how can I knit with a sore wrist!! Better think before I do these things!! The decks are looking so bare without all my flowers, am thinking of getting a few little evergreen bushes to put in them for the winter....I think they should live over the winter if I water them good and let them freeze in?? I did see a picture that someone had put some dried foliage in their planters....hmmm...better get my ideas in place before it gets too cold...so many ideas and so little time!! Trying to keep my focus on knitting....focus on knitting....

No comments: