Saturday, February 16, 2013

Still Knitting and so Wanting Spring to be here!

Have the scarf blocked and ready to be worn, it is handspun and is so funny that it looks like it was knit on the bias but it wasn't. I had said I would finish three UFO's before I started a new knitting project, scarf is one down and two to go, I finished the bulky sweater I had started a couple of years ago but have to get it blocked and sew a zipper in it, so it is not quite done and then......I pulled out the shawl I was knitting....I am sure it has been a couple years since it was started, had just started on the lace pattern but with packing and moving etc. etc.i know this is not going to be a fast knit but decided to just get at it. Well although I thought I had marked where I was in the pattern I had too many stitches on the needle, tried to rip back a few rows to figure out where I was but just was not working...why oh why did I not put a life line in??....well had to rip it back to the solid knitting and this time I did put a life line in!! And will after every full pattern...I can see that is the only way I am going to get this shawl finished. I am knitting it out of a yarn from Knit Picks that is a lace weight alpaca/silk and I have to be so careful not to knit two stitches together at times as they stick together And here it is...in a blue colorway...always blue...I think I had got a skein in a mauve/purple colorway too, will have to check. The pattern is Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes and I am going to stick with it and try to get it finished before I have to tuck it away again...but if I have to tuck it away it will have a life line so I will not have to rip all the lace back again...I have so learned a lesson!!

No comments: